Monday, May 14, 2012

What's new with me! 2012

   Hey there!  Well yes it's been a super long time!  But I'm back!  So, a lot has changed since the last time I competed.  Well not a lot but one thing has changed!  I need a break from competing!  LOL!  I love love love bodybuilding, but I need a social life and more time to focus solely on my clients.  Soooo I am taking the year off and loving it so far!  Also because I am not a strict contest diet I am able to dabble in something new! 
     I heard about this new diet craze which is really more of a healthy lifestyle change rather than something like the Atkins diet which was hugely popular and has died out a bit.  But I have now changed my eating habits and adopted the Paleo diet/lifestyle.  I am loving it! NO more processed foods!  NO more dairy, grains, or peanut butter!  And although I thought it was going to be super difficult it hasn't been too bad at all! 
    Now why did I do this?  Well, primarily because of trying something new, something that was maintainable year-round and something that I could really get into.  I didn't want to follow an offseason bodybuilder diet.  It was just getting old for me.  So the Paleo/Caveman diet is where it is at for me!  I have found hundreds of recipes for tons of different foods for this plan.  And what's awesome is I can eat tons and tons of meat!!!!  And fruit!  I am living off the land essentially. 
   Anyway, I will be blogging more about my experiences with the paleo lifestyle and how to get creative with it.  I will give more info on it as well as new workouts and what else I'm up to!  I will be posting this blog link to my gym, Fitness Now's Facebook page as well as our website!  So for more info on training, contest prep, nutrition, and motivation, check back with my blog!  It's gonna get intersting!

Kira

No comments: