Monday, January 19, 2009

Hey hey hey! Well it's been a long minute! Sorry for neglecting my journal :(. So, I have been super busy, working every day and training a couple people. I love my job working with students with special needs. It is the most rewarding and fun job I have ever had! I also just started back to school to work on my masters degree in special ed so I will be able to teach special ed and/or P.E. and health! I am very excited!

I went to Atlanta this past November for Nationals. It was a freakin blast! I think I got about 8 hours of sleep the entire weekend. I just stayed out each night partying with my friends! I got to hang with my girl Aleesha Young and her boyfriend and I also got to hang with some other bb friends which was super fun. My friend and fellow bb Shannon stayed with us in our condo so that was awesome! I know I kept her up a lot with all my loudness but I know she didn't mind! I did one photo shoot with a good photographer friend of mine Doug Smith who is a doll. He did a great job with the shots!

As far as bb is concerned and competing I just started an 8 week precontest diet, diet. I have been getting into contest prep mode these past 2 weeks and I am super excited about competing this year. I am doing USA's and possibly North Americans. But definitely USA's. I think the show is about 26 weeks away. So I have plenty of time but I am just trying to drop an initial 20lbs that way I can save some muscle and not have to drop a ton of weight at once. My calories are still pretty high and my cardio isn't too insane so I am feeling good! I am training at a different gym right now which has helped get me re-motivated. Sometimes I just need a change of pace in order to get myself recharged!

I hope to put some more videos up soon. I promise to get some interesting and fun stuff for all my members! I will keep everyone posted through my contest prep. I know it's exciting to watch the changes we bb's make with our diets and training.

Until next time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting you cutie! I'm happy you're doing a job that you love--what is better than that?! Nothing!

I think you should definitely consider both of those shows, you rock girlie!

I did the whole pre contest diet, diet this time too! I was about 23 weeks out when I done it. Now I'm exactly 19 weeks out last saturday...Can you say HOLLA!

I'm going to save a lot of muscle by leaning out gradually, you tought me that...and it works.

I'm doing really good on my own dieting and training methods. I really like it because I think I'm harder on myself than ANYONE ELSE would be hahah!!! I like sharing tips with girls, trying them out, and using a variety of techniques that works for ME. My diet has to be a lot different than most girls because I'm hypoglycemic...but what I've been doing works great! I can keep my energy up with out much carbs...carbs actually make me tired. LOL! Fat makes me fierce! :D

Love u girl, hope to see you this weekend if the weather is better!!! LETS HOPE! I will call u either way!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your prep Kira! Can't wait to see how you look at the USA!